Call - 0204 086 5976

Find A Registered Plumber and Gasfitter

Ask For The Card...

These days finding a registered tradesman is becoming more and more difficult. There are various cases in New Zealand of people starting up their own plumbing businesses and carrying out sanitary plumbing when they are not certified to do this work.

As a home owner you want to be sure that the person you call to come and do your plumbing and gasfitting work is properly registered by the Plumbers, Gasfitters and Drainlayers Board (PGDB). It's illegal for anyone to do plumbing, gasfitting or drainlaying work without the PGDB's authorisation. So here are a couple of good tips to help you make sure your tradesman is legitimate...

* Ask to see a tradespersons authorisation card and check the expiry date to see
that it is current.

* Check the icons on the front of the tradespersons authorisation card to ensure that the type of work to be carried out is permitted by the licence.

* If the work is being undertaken by anyone other than a certifying tradesperson, check the back of the card for the name of the registered certifying tradesperson who is responsible for certifying/verifying that the work is compliant and safe to be used.

Finding a quality tradesman for any trade can be difficult. Check out our mention on Go 1 Day painting's article at